Visual Arts, Writings, Music & Performing Arts

Visual Arts, Writings, Music & Performing Arts


The call for applications for the Fall 2019 session is open from June 25th to August 15th, 2019! These residencies are open to French and foreign artists and curators, in the field of Visual Arts, Music, Writings and Performing Arts, aged over 18, for a residency period of 2 to 12 months.

Twice a year (in spring and fall), the Cité internationale des arts organizes specific committees by discipline: the visual arts, music, writing and the performing arts. About sixty studios are allocated at each committee session.

 

The committees’ thematic juries allocate 30% of residential studios at the Cité internationale des arts, with the remaining 70% allocated by its partners.

 

Each committee is made up of experts from the relevant disciplines, with representatives from the French Ministry of Culture, the City of Paris, the Institut Français and cultural institutions, as well as directors of music conservatories and art schools and independent curators, etc.

In addition to evaluating the candidate’s professional background, the members of the jury pay particular attention to the quality of the project, the need for a stay in Paris, the envisaged working protocol and the contacts already established.

 

These residencies are open to French and foreign artists and curators, in the field of Visual Arts, Music, Writings and Performing Arts, aged over 18, for a residency period of 2 to 12 months.

Find more on the english website here.